Job location: Laval, Québec (hybrid)
Does the idea of joining the global effort to train the world’s cyber heroes pique your interest? Are you ready to join a dynamic, fast-growing company that offers a flexible, supportive workplace culture that’s perfect for professional development? If so, Terranova Security is for you! As a global partner of choice in security awareness training, Terranova Security works with cyber security leaders to introduce a human-centric approach to protecting sensitive information and reducing risk.
We are looking for a Scrum Master who will assist the development team in the delivery of our platform. As a facilitator, the Scrum Master will ensure that the team is protected from everyday obstacles and distractions.
- Work with various team members and project/product stakeholder
- Ensures the tracking and reporting of daily/weekly activities, including team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Organize and facilitate meetings, plan sprints, reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Works the team to align priorities and enable the delivery of assigned projects
- Ensure the involvement and productivity of each member and help them to overcome the various obstacles encountered
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or any combination of education and equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a scrum master (or a similar role);
- Expert in Agile methods and proven hands-on experience with Scrum/Kanban frameworks;
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience in web development projects;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to work in a team effectively and encourage discussions to generate the best ideas;
- Ability to prioritize multiple parallel tasks and meet deadlines;
- Rigor, attention to detail and autonomy; and
- Bilingual English and French.
This position requires some occasional on-site presence at our Laval, Québec office.
Here’s why you should join us!
- Contribute your skills and voice to a company enjoying rapid growth and expansion
- Be part of a tight-knit culture where diversity and inclusion are a major priority
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including three (3) weeks of vacation, five (5) paid sick days, three (3) paid personal days and a paid day off for your birthday
- Flexible Friday policy, allowing you to condense your work week in 4.5 days
- Competitive salaries, comprehensive group health insurance plan from day one, and employer RRSP contribution
- Employee referral program
- Easily accessible via public transit, 10-minute walk from Montmorency metro and close to lots of restaurants and malls.