Does the idea of joining the global effort to train the world’s cyber heroes pique your interest? Are you ready to join a dynamic, fast-growing company that offers a flexible, supportive workplace culture that’s perfect for professional development? If so, Terranova Security is for you! As a global partner of choice in security awareness training, Terranova Security works with cyber security leaders to introduce a human-centric approach to protecting sensitive information and reducing risk.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Technical Writer is accountable for creating and maintaining all technical product documentation including release notes, technical guides and end user guides. He/she will participate in the development and implementation of technical writing standards and procedures to ensure that we continuously follow best practices.
- Create and edit technical documentation such as release notes, technical guides, and end user guides in XML using MadCap Flare;
- Determine the type of guide that will best suit the project requirements; adjust the content and determine structure of guide to suit the needs of the target audience;
- Create and annotate screenshots using MadCap Capture;
- Research ongoing releases by consulting user stories in Jira and testing software in the platform;
- Consult product owner and all relevant stakeholders as necessary to gain product understanding;
- Update and maintain technical documentation as necessary to support an evolving product;
- Implement technical writing initiatives, policies, processes, and procedures as required to ensure highest standards;
- Coordinate the translation of documentation with third party vendors;
- Format translated content and insert screenshots to generate translated versions of documentation; and
- Meet regularly with Product Owner & Marketing team to plan and coordinate documentation strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Technical Communications or a related field, such as English Studies;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role within a technology SAAS environment;
- Strong ability to transcribe technical information to easy-to-understand concepts;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills;
- Bilingual (French, English);
- Good knowledge of JIRA and experience working with software products;
- Strong skills with tools and applications used for developing documentation such as MadCap Flare and Capture, Adobe, MS Office suite, etc.;
- Versatile and proactive;
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to realize maximum value; and
- Highly collaborative.
Here’s why you should join us!
- Contribute your skills and voice to a company enjoying rapid growth and expansion
- Be part of a tight-knit culture where diversity and inclusion are a major priority
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including three (3) weeks of vacation, five (5) paid sick days, three (3) paid personal days and a paid day off for your birthday
- Flexible Friday policy, allowing you to condense your work week in 4.5 days
- Competitive salaries, comprehensive group health insurance plan from day one, employer RRSP contribution, and employee stock options
- Employee referral program
- Easily accessible via public transit, 10-minute walk from Montmorency metro and close to lots of restaurants and malls.