Does the idea of joining the global effort to train the world’s cyber heroes pique your interest? Are you ready to join a dynamic, fast-growing company that offers a flexible, supportive workplace culture that’s perfect for professional development? If so, Terranova Security is for you! As a global partner of choice in security awareness training, Terranova Security works with cyber security leaders to introduce a human-centric approach to protecting sensitive information and reducing risk.
The HR Generalist will support operational aspects of the Human Resources team with an emphasis on onboarding, offboarding, learning and development, performance and talent management, and employee relations. This position will work closely with the rest of the HR team to develop, implement, and support HR initiatives, programs, and processes.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Oversee the new employee onboarding program and facilitate orientation sessions while ensuring a seamless and memorable candidate-to-new-hire experience;
- Partner with managers to ensure proper onboarding plans are in place and see them through throughout the probationary period;
- Coordinate the employee offboarding process and advise employees throughout the exit period, complete offboarding tasks, and conduct exit interviews.
- Gather, analyze, and share feedback from new hires and departing employees regarding their satisfaction with the company
Talent, Performance Management, & Training
- Support the performance management process by conducting ongoing training, coaching, and support, in accordance with the company-wide performance management program
- Develop and oversee the training and development plan in addition to tracking and compiling training data (1% law).
Employee Relations, Culture & Engagement
- Assist in managing and resolving sensitive and/or difficult employee situations in close partnership with HR Director
- Address complaints and conduct investigations where necessary
- Lead the organization of HR events and programs as needed to foster a great company culture
- Be the resource person to employees for all questions relating to HR policies, programs and processes
- Manage all leave of absence files including maternity, paternity and sick leaves and provide support and guidance to employees as needed
- Participate in the creation of internal communications and manage the HR SharePoint site to ensure timely and relevant information is shared
- Partner with the HR Director to support all projects which impact onboarding, performance management, development, employee engagement, retention, reward and recognition
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of HR processes
- Passionate about innovative and progressive HR practices and solutions, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Fluently bilingual – excellent communication skills in both English and French are an absolute must
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent conflict management, consultative, and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong relationship-building and influencing capabilities with individuals at all levels
- Unparalleled time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Flexible, versatile and thrives in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook programs
Here’s why you should join us!
- Contribute your skills and voice to a company enjoying rapid growth and expansion
- Be part of a tight-knit culture where diversity and inclusion are a major priority
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including three (3) weeks of vacation, five (5) paid sick days, three (3) paid personal days and a paid day off for your birthday
- Flexible Friday policy, allowing you to condense your work week in 4.5 days
- Competitive salaries, comprehensive group health insurance plan from day one, employer RRSP contribution, and employee stock options
- Employee referral program
- Easily accessible via public transit, 10-minute walk from Montmorency metro and close to lots of restaurants and malls.